Read more →
JDV requires a Commis Chef with passion, precision and determination to join our team of like minded professionals.We have been operating for over 15 years in the heart of Merivale. Predominately an Al a carte service, however functions make up a good portion of our production.We are open 7 days for breakfast,lunch and dinner.Pay will depend on the applicant’s skill level.The successful applicant will have at least 2 years experience
Applicants will need to demonstrate:
• Self-motivation and a passion for hospitality
• Effective time management
• Excellent Food and Wine knowledge
• Attention to detail
• We want to hear from those of you who love their jobs and the industry they are apart of . If you only want 9am to 5pm and have every week-end off please don’t apply.
Experience, ability and common sense are a prerequisite. Willingness to learn and share your experiences is a must.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
To effect the overall smooth and efficient operation of the business with the primary focus of fostering an on-going positive working relationship with the customer base in the absence of the Manager.
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Comply with the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 and amendments, Smoke Free Environments Amendment Act 2003 and the Gambling Act 2003
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the premises liquor and gaming licence/s
- Ensure all staff are aware of their obligations pursuant to the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 and the company’s liquor licence is not jeopardised—this includes patron conduct and intoxication
- Assume responsibility for the liquor inventory control and purchasing, ensuring no “stock outs” occur, integrity is maintained in the stock control system, weekly assessments are completed, variances are reported and remedial action is taken in absence of the Manager
- Ensure the bar area and behind the bar are kept clean and tidy at all times and in accordance to specified standards
- Ensure all equipment is kept clean and tidy and in good working condition
- Update daily records
- Prepare and introduce an on-going calendar of cost-effective promotional initiatives in consultation with the Manager
- Ensure all funds and proceeds belonging to the business are accounted for, secured and locked in the safe before leaving the premises
- Ensure the security alarm is activated and functioning before leaving the premises
- Ensure the premises is a safe environment for all patrons and staff, and complies with OSHrequirements at all times
- Maintain and complete the premises incident record book
- Participate as a constructive member of the management team with the view to maximising business sales volumes and profitability
- Complete other general duties as the Manager may require from time to time
The successful applicant must be willing to work both weekends and evenings. Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ working visa.
Please email your CV to email@example.com